Our work is linked by our crosscutting focus on:
- Shifting the expansion of commodity production away for native forests and peatlands
- Increasing recognition of traditional peoples’ rights to forest lands and resources
- Establishing policy incentives for reducing emissions
- Increasing transparency and strategic communications
- Strengthening local capacity
In its 2018-22 Strategy, CLUA is expanding its focus to additional priorities including natural carbon capture, impacts of infrastructure and extractive industries, and climate-smart diets. We are also assessing the opportunities for expanded engagement in the Amazon Region, including in Colombia and Peru, and we are monitoring developments in the Congo Basin. Further details on the new strategy will be available by mid-year.