The Climate and Land Use Alliance seeks to realize the potential of forests and land use to mitigate climate change, benefit people, and protect the environment. By bringing together our resources, and diverse expertise, the Alliance seeks to promote viable solutions and mobilize greater funding to conserve forests and more sustainably use land —for the benefit of people and the planet.
We’re a collaborative of foundations that believe forests and sustainable land use are an essential part of the global response to climate change. Our member foundations include:
The Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies and Good Energies Foundation work in alignment with the Alliance.
WHAT WE STRIVE FOR
The Climate and Land Use Alliance brings together diverse, complementary perspectives to help identify and support land use policies and practices that contribute to:
- Effective land use policy and finance
- Secure community rights and management
- Deforestation- and conflict-free agricultural commodities
- Strong standards and transparency for infrastructure and extractive industries
- Natural carbon capture
- Healthy diets/healthy planet